Walk alongside me, daddy
And hold my little hand.
I have so many things to learn
That I don't yet understand.
Teach me things to keep me safe
from dangers every day.
Show me how to do my best
at home, at school, at play.
Every child needs a gentle hand
To guide them as they grow.
So walk along side me daddy-
We have a long way to go.
And hold my little hand.
I have so many things to learn
That I don't yet understand.
Teach me things to keep me safe
from dangers every day.
Show me how to do my best
at home, at school, at play.
Every child needs a gentle hand
To guide them as they grow.
So walk along side me daddy-
We have a long way to go.
My little eyes are watching,
My ears are listening too.
They take in everything
That you say and do.
My little hands are eager
To do the things you do.
I'm hoping and I'm dreaming
I'll grow up just like you.
I am just a little guy
Who knows that you are wise
You'll teach me what I need
For someone just my size.
I'm a bright eyed little fellow
Who is watching what you do
And I'm waiting for the day
I'll be grown up just like you.
My ears are listening too.
They take in everything
That you say and do.
My little hands are eager
To do the things you do.
I'm hoping and I'm dreaming
I'll grow up just like you.
I am just a little guy
Who knows that you are wise
You'll teach me what I need
For someone just my size.
I'm a bright eyed little fellow
Who is watching what you do
And I'm waiting for the day
I'll be grown up just like you.
I just want to say Happy Father's Day to the man I dreamed of having kids with!!! I loved you SO much when I said "I Will" but could have never imagined the love I would feel for you after seeing you hold our baby after he was born. My love for you has only grown stronger and deeper in the past 8 months of seeing you be a Daddy to Jackson. I now know what your "proud father" look is and it melts my heart. I am so proud of us, our marriage, and now our son. Happy First Father's Day! WE love you!!!!
1 comment:
Lucky Man you are John Preston!
Post a Comment