Bob and Bonnie came to visit us from California. Bob is John's dad. We had a great time while they visited us here in Austin. We did a lot in just a few days! They got to experience Barton Creek Resort and Spa at it's best. They stayed there during their visit. That is where John is the Retail Merchandiser for all the shops which include all golf shops, lobby shop and coffee bar, and the Spa. We went downtown and ate the first night at 219 West. We love that place and wanted to share one of our favorite places to go to downtown. While going there we got to see millions of bats come out from under Congress Bridge! It's a big deal to see that here in Austin. I know...it's sounds a little strange! Sunday we went to Fredericksburg, TX where Bob's Aunt Lois lives and met us for a really great visit over mexican food. It was really great to hear all her stories on that side of the family. John and I could of talked to her for hours. She has great stories about his grandparents! It was a lot of fun. We showed them UT and all around Austin on Monday and then we went to eat at The Oasis on Lake Travis. We weren't sure if we could stay until the sunset because we were about two and a half hours early but we did and then some! Before they left on Tuesday we had them over for a bar-b-que at our bungalow! We had such a good time with them and were very grateful that they came to visit us. We always love to have visitors! We can't wait to see them again!
2 comments:
What great pictures. I'm so glad it was a good visit and you got to meet Aunt Lois and Hear family stories. Those are always a treasure. I wrote down some of the stories grandpa told us when we lived with him and I'll treasure them forever. Did you eat at that place we ate at in Fredericksburg! Such yummy mexican food.. I'm jealous!
How fun you had company! I love that you take pics at The Oasis during sunset. They are always beautiful!
Post a Comment