Voting
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Are you a good friend?
I just watched a sermon from my church online titled "Loving with Excellence". It really opened my eyes. God IS love! He wants us to love like Him. So we need to focus on loving people just like Him. He said that we should all have Faith, Hope, and Love, but that the greatest of these is LOVE! We need to AGAPE love people. It takes work but we all need to strive to be better lovers to all of those around us. I feel down today because I didn't love my friend like I should have. She was singing in church today for the first time. I kept pushing snooze until I guess I had shut it off and woke up at 10:50 when I needed to leave at 11:00. My alarm was no longer on. It's a new church her and her family have been going to and it's far away so there isn't any waking up and getting there quickly. I didn't know where I was going for sure and was already nervous as it was. THEN I slept too long!!! I am so upset right now and feel that this sermon was just for me. I need to be a better friend and I feel that I was not supporting my friend today like I should have. I was up until 2am because I closed then I came home at midnight to wind down and ended up getting on the phone with my brother a little before 1am!!! I just feel like when we love people that is supporting them and being there for them and I wanted to support her today and I feel like a failure. Oh! She just called me, I am forgiven. She said she was never upset with me at all. It is still bad that I said I would be there and I wasn't. I did get a lot out of this sermon today. I feel like I learned a lot and was reminded of a lot too! I need to be a better friend, wife, sister, daughter, etc. I need to LOVE LIKE JESUS!!! Do you love like Jesus?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is a good reminder. I think you love me well though. : ) If you get any better at it I might not be able to keep up!
Post a Comment