Voting

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy 6 Month Birthday Sweet Baby!!!

Daddy brought you to me, all bundled up and snug.
I looked at you, you looked at me, and I thanked God above
You were so beautiful, and so very tiny, you looked just like your dad.
All all of the pain we'd gone through before, no longer seemed so bad
I kissed your head, you looked at me, and our whole world fell into place
For all of the peace and love in the world rested in your tiny face.
You are more perfect and more amazing than in our dreams! We love you so much.
Sticky fingers,
dirty face,
Rugs and pillows
out of place,

Cars and tractors
here and there,
Blocks and boats
everywhere,

Gold and silver
have I none,
But worth a million
is my Son.

He won't be little very long
so hold him while you can.
In just a year or two or three
he'll be your Little Man,
with blocks to build,
and bugs to catch,
and double-dares to try,
so much to see and feel and do
as days and months fly by.
So take the time to treasure
these precious baby years
as his first tooth,
first word, first step,
become sweet souvenirs.
Before I knew your name,
Before I saw your chin and your nose,
Before I counted your fingers and toes,
I asked heaven for someone as wonderful as you,
And every prayer and wish came true.
I dreamed of you...
Before I knew your name.

1 comment:

The Wrights said...

Katy - Did you write that first poem. Its beautiful. Made me cry knowing how time does fly. My boy is that little baby boy who is now my little man taking on the world and learning new big kid stuff every day. Thanks for the reminder to smell the roses with my own kids a bit more.